These are the Vision and Values of Soudley School
Respect for ourselves, each other and our environment
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment.
The school expects the highest standards of its staff and expects them to fulfil the responsibilities of their job description.
We consider that as a minimum, we will be polite, calm and well-mannered to others. We will speak appropriately, with consideration, dignity and respect.
We will be helpful to all stakeholders and afford them equal kindness, thoughtfulness and support.
It is our job to support our children and make it work for them; accordingly we work with and support the community to enable this.
We are a Community of Learners
- We all work together to develop and share our talents, skills and knowledge
- We know how to be together
- We show mindfulness
- We nurture a sense of being able to make a difference
- We teach, guide and model good learning and behaviour
- We develop deep and valued learning, resilient and engaged learners.
- We have a right to be who we are and we show respect to others.
- We will build good capacity to share expertise reciprocally with other schools and within our own staff to improve outcomes for children.
- We will actively promote the idea of global citizenship so that our children are sensitive to others and show respect towards the environment.
- The school will play a central role within the locality where it makes positive contributions to create a thriving and sustainable community.
- The school will promote the active engagement of parents with the activities of the school and for them to make positive contributions to their children’s education
We demonstrate respect for ourselves, each other and our environment.
This is our core value and we are committed to working with our school community to ensure it is in our hearts and minds and is at the forefront of our provision.
- be respectful to others at all times
- take care of belongings
- look after living things
- know when and how to share
- spot others needing help and seek support
- be independent in day-to-day tasks